Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Identity; the masks we wear.

After watching the film, I realized that we all wear different 'masks' that basically shows our different moods and personalities. I think that throughout the day we all have different masks that describe our mood at that moment. For example, when in an uncomfortable situation such as being put on the spot in class to answer a question and you don't know the answer, I would probably describe that moment as embarrassing. So for that 'mask' I would think of different ways to describe the current mood with for example a color or a facial expression that fits with the situation.
In the video, the girl most likely seems insecure about herself so she tries to hide herself from public or from a crowd. Eventually the girl realizes that she is unique in her own way, and she shouldn't care about what people think of her. So she decides to take her mask off, and walk through life with confidence in herself and who she is.
I think everyone has a certain mask for different occasions.
Masks imply in my life as well, for example when I hang out with friends or if I do something I really like, I have a happy mask. I think this mask shows that I'm happy with what I'm doing and where I am. The pink brings out a soft gentle nature.


whenever I'm lonely or feel left out, I think I have a sad, mysterious mask on. I think this mask shows that my mood is now distant and the colors in my opinion look lonely and sad, and possibly isolated. 


If I ever go to a party or to a special event, I want to look my best and feel good about myself. I think this mask brings out the fanciness and the prettiness. The gold shows that it is special and all together the mask is looks beautiful. So I would use this mask if I were to ever feel beautiful.  



No comments:

Post a Comment